Pai Gow is one of the more complicated casino games, but it is also one of the most fun and sociable.
The game starts with six players and a dealer, with one person nominated as the ‘banker’ each round (It is sometimes always the dealer, or the players take it in turns to be banker).
As the banker, you need enough money at the table to cover individual bets against everyone else at the table. The aim of the game is to beat the banker.
You start by posting an ante, then are dealt seven cards, which you must use to make two poker hands. The ‘behind hand’ is made up of five cards, and the ‘front hand’ is made up of two cards.
The behind hand has to be the better of the two hands, if it is not your hand is disqualified.
There is also a joker in the pack which is wild, and can be used to complete your hand.
You then play your hand against the banker, who first takes a 5% tax for the casino.
The better five card behind hand wins the pot, however if you lose with the behind hand but you beat the bankers front hand, you get a push, which means you get your money back (minus the 5% tax).
If you tie your behind hand with the banker, the banker wins the pot.
There is a skill element to Pai Gow and a lot of strategy considerations, but the house still has the advantage.
You should certainly consider practicing Pai Gow on the free online casino games to get used to it, before you play for real money.
- Learn Blackjack – Most Popular Casino Game in the World
- Pai Gow Casino Poker: Easy to Learn, Hard to Master
- Most Overlooked, but Incredibly Fun – Caribbean Stud
- Beat the Machine – Video Poker Guide
- How Does Casino Lottery Work? Keno 101
- Roulette – Rules, Tips and Systems to Win
- Everything You Must Know About Slots
- Casino Rules: Five Bankroll-Saving Minutes That Save You